The fact that the tibial insert has the ability to rotate also means that it is possible to increase the tolerance of the patellofemoral joint in the event of an error in positioning the femoral or tibial implants.
What does PFJ stand for?
PFJ stands for Patellofemoral Joint (kneecap)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PFJ
We have 14 other meanings of PFJ in our Acronym Attic
- Patrick Fisherman Island Terminal (Australia)
- Personal Fitness Instructor Training
- Physical Fitness Inventory Test
- Practicing Foresters Institute of Trust
- Professional Fitness Instructor Training (Houston, TX)
- Partit Familia i Vida (Spanish political party)
- Pennsylvania Federation of Injured Workers
- Pro-Female Italian Wrestling
- Pioneer Field Information Exchange (agronomist research tool)
- Pay for It Yourself
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition to its use in the management of osteochondral lesions affecting the femoral condyle, osteochondral allografts have also been used for symptomatic defects of the patellofemoral joint.
The influence of altered lower-extremity kinematics on patellofemoral joint dysfunction: a theoretical perspective.
However, the results of investigation of both the tibiofemoral and the patellofemoral joints in the study presented here did not show a correlation between the Kellgren-Lawrence scores and the functional level or pain intensity.
MacIntyre NJ, Hill NA, Fellows RA, Ellis RE, Wilson DR (2006) Patellofemoral joint kinematics in individuals with and without patellofemoral pain syndrome.
The VMO and the VL serve as medial and lateral stabilizers of the patella in the patellofemoral joint (17).
Specifically, strong quadriceps muscles protected the patellofemoral joint from cartilage loss and did not worsen its loss in the tibiofemoral joint in both men and women.