The underground water had a salinity of 26 parts per thousand (ppt).
What does PPTH stand for?
PPTH stands for Parts Per Thousand
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PPTH
- Pays Pauvre Très Endetté (French: Heavily Indebted Poor Country)
- Person, Place, Time, Event (determining patient level of consciousness)
- Pre-Production Test Environment (software testing)
- Prototype Page Table Entry (Microsoft Windows feature)
- Philippine Printing Technical Foundation, Inc. (Manila, Philippines)
- Physicians Protective Trust Fund
- Private Purpose Trust Fund (various locations)
- Property Preservation Task Force (American Bar Association)
- Perception & Performance Technical Group (Human Factors & Ergonomics Society)
- Père pour Toujours Genève (French: Father Forever Geneva; Switzerland)
- Powerpoint Heaven (website)
- Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital (ficticious hospital from House, MD TV show)
- Paguyuban Petani Tambak Indramayu (Indonesian: Farmers Pond Circle Indramayu; Indramayu, Indonesia)
- Persistence Power Training Institute (India)
- Philippine Precision Technology, Inc.
- Physical Planning Technologies Inc. (Canada)
- Pleural Pressure-Time Index
- Primary Plugging Temperature Indicator
- Protein Polymer Technologies, Inc. (Delaware and California)
- Proof of Plain Text Knowledge (IACR)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this case, the water had a salinity of only 5 parts per thousand as compared to the 35 parts per thousand in most of the world's oceans.
Typically, the proportion of the carbon-13 isotope found in kerogen and other hydrocarbons is between 1 and 3 parts per thousand less than the proportion found in the original organic matter from which those substances derived, Fletcher says.
The concentration of the heavier isotope, carbon-13, in some of the microdiamonds was around six parts per thousand lower than normal, says Whitehouse.
44]Ca, or the difference in parts per thousand between the 44 Ca /[sup.
Units range from $5000 for hand-held devices measuring gases in parts per thousand up to $100,000 for industrialsize lab units capable of measuring parts per million.