Simple parity schemes have been replaced by complex algorithms, including Partial Response Maximum Likelihood (PRML), to make intelligent decisions on what the recorded content really should be.
What does PRML stand for?
PRML stands for Partial Response Maximum Likelihood
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 8 other meanings of PRML in our Acronym Attic
- Prince Rupert Minor Hockey Association (Canada)
- Patriot Risk Management, Inc. (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Presbyterian Reformed Ministries International (Black Mountain, NC)
- Primary Residential Mortgage Inc
- Principal Residential Mortgage, Inc. (various locations)
- Professional Risk Managers' International Association
- Puerto Rican Maternal and Infant Health Project
- Police Records Management Information System
- Printing Resources Management Information System
- Primary Rhesus Monkey Kidney Cell
- Pandita Ramabai Mukti Mission (development charity; India)
- Pilotage Risk Management Methodology (Canada)
- Project Reality Mini-Mod (gaming, Battlefield 2)
- Propagative R-Matrix Method
- Paleontological Resources Monitoring and Mitigation Plan
- Permanent Representative to the United Nations (Canada)
- Partially Restricted Molecular Orbital
- Patient Revenue Management Organization
- Please Respect My Opinion
Samples in periodicals archive:
DDS-3 also benefited from a significant non-media technology enhancement: the DDS debut of highly efficient Partial Response Maximum Likelihood (PRML) read channel technology, contributing further to increased capacity.
VR2 is the first successful implementation of Partial Response Maximum Likelihood (PRML) channel encoding technology on linear tape drive platforms, and improves code rate efficiency of linear tape drives to more than 99%.