1] However, it is essential to accurately diagnose Caroli's disease since partial hepatectomy can be curative if the disease is confined to a lobe.
What does PHX stand for?
PHX stands for Partial Hepatectomy (hepatology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PHX
- Public Health Working Group (Canada)
- Partnership for Healthy Weight Management
- Padas Hevea Wood Products (Malaysia)
- Polarographic Half-Wave Potential
- Public Health Working Party (European Union)
- Pressurized Heavy Water (nuclear) Reactor
- Prairie Hill Waldorf School (Pewaukee, WI)
- Professional Home Warranty Service
- Public Health and Welfare Sectoral Bargaining Council (New Zealand)
- Palmer Hargreaves Wallis Tomlinson (marketing communications agency)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The evaluation of margins for total or partial hepatectomy specimens depends on the method and extent of resection.
Key Words: prothrombin time, hepatic resection, epidural Partial hepatectomy is an established effective and potentially curative therapy for selected patients with benign and malignant hepatobiliary disease.
The patient had a partial hepatectomy with excellent results.
The investigators also demonstrated that the removal of 70 percent of a mouse's liver, a surgical procedure known as a partial hepatectomy, produces a dramatic drop in the concentration of SCF in the remaining organ along with a rise in SCF in the mouse's blood.
Hepatic bile acid synthesis and DNA synthetic rate after partial hepatectomy.
By contrast, the control mice, who also underwent partial hepatectomy but did not receive the manipulated cells, died within 3 days.