The Arkansas Department of Correction website shows Brawner's parole eligibility date as March 20, but department spokeswoman Shea Wilson said a delay in getting paperwork on the additional sentence out of Conway County had kept the department from updating Brawner's status.
What does PED stand for?
PED stands for Parole Eligibility Date (UK criminal system)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PED
We have 129 other meanings of PED in our Acronym Attic
- Postal Employees' Credit Union (Memphis, TN)
- Princeton Employees Credit Union (Ohio)
- Privatwirtschaftlicher Energie Contracting Unternehmen (German: Association of Private Economic Energy Contracting Companies)
- Public Employees Credit Union (various locations)
- Protestant Episcopal Church in the USA
- Protestant Episcopal Church of the United States of America
- Profit Earning Capacity Value
- Piedmont Environmental Council of Virgina
- Plasma-Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Prince Edward County Winegrowers Association (Prince Edward Island; Canada; winemakers organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the commission's other responsibilities, its efforts now target nonviolent offenders who have reached or are close to their parole eligibility date.
Mauer: A number of states are implementing so-called back-end responses, basically moving up parole eligibility dates by 60 or 90 days, things like that.
In other states, low parole grant rates and late parole eligibility dates compound to increase the number of offenders who complete their sentences behind bars, allowing for a higher number of offenders to re-enter society with no supervision.
Mr Biggs's parole eligibility date is in July 2009.
Provisions were made for offenders to be directed to parole release at their parole eligibility date unless they were assessed as posing a risk of violent reoffending.
Inmates who have only six months left before their full parole eligibility date may also seek day parole from the Board.