com)-- Parameter Generation & Control is expanding its headquarters and manufacturing facility by 40 percent to accommodate new employees and to meet increased client demand for its innovative and energy-efficient humidity- and temperature-controlled storage equipment.
What does PAR stand for?
PAR stands for Parameter
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PAR
We have 451 other meanings of PAR in our Acronym Attic
- Antillean Restructuring Party (Netherlands Antilles)
- Paint And Return
- Pan African Resources
- Pan American Region
- Panzerabwehrrohr (German, aka Panzerfaust; bazooka)
- Parabolic Aluminized Reflector
- Parachi (linguistics)
- Paramount (cinematography)
- Paris, France (Airport Code)
- Parkesburg (Amtrak station code; Parkesburg, PA)
- Parkinson Association of the Rockies
- Participating (insurance)
- Participating Provider (medical billing)
- Participating Supplier (Medicare)
- Participatory Action Research
- Partido Aragonés (Aragonese Party; Regionalist Spanish Party)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first parameter that the experts identified was the percentage of the total length of the tunnel sections executed by TBM boring and/or NATM over the length of the line (PTN).
This work aims to study the variation of line-shape parameters (S- and W-parameters) with different -particle doses of [sup.
Parameter is misused in the sense of being within a proper range ('Getting coffee is not within the parameters of Beth's job') or in the sense of a requirement ('The parameters for entrance to the class were extensive') (NYPL).
Also, reliance on a single autocorrelation parameter may have effectively filtered variables that operate at a broad regional scale, such as sulfate, but may not have controlled autocorrelation from pollutants such as sulfur dioxide, which exhibits a more spatially concentrated or local distribution (Krewski et al.
In most applications where water quality analyses are necessary, multiple parameter measurements are required.
Simulations further reveal parameter limits for worst-case characteristics of individual components.
RAID Array Parameters In order to tune an array to the specific environment properly, several key parameters need to be configured; RAID level (0,1,3,5), cache size, and stripe or segment size.