Molecular characterization and phylogenetic analysis of human parainfluenza virus type 3 isolated from Saudi Arabia.
What does PIV3 stand for?
PIV3 stands for Parainfluenza Virus Type 3
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Positively Infinitely Variable (type of gearbox)
- Post Implementation Verification
- Post Indicator Valve (firefighting)
- Powered Industrial Vehicle
- Pre-Inventory Visit
- Pressure-Indicating Valve
- Product Improvement Verification
- Progestin Induced Virilization
- Propellant Isolation Valve
- ParaInfluenza Virus Type 2
- Phase-Invertible Variable Attenuator
- Positive Isothermal Vorticity Advection
- Post Indicating Valve Assembly
- Primrose International Viola Archive (est. 1974)
- Printing Industries of Virginia (Ashland, VA)
- Provinciaal Instituut Voedingsbedrijven Antwerpen (Dutch: Antwerp Provincial Food Institute; Belgium)
- Progress in Vaccination Against Cancer (EU conferences)
- Product Improvement - Vulcan Air Defense System
- Performance Indicators for Value Added Target Setting (UK student assessment program)
- Parieto-Insular Vestibular Cortex (physiology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The current publication describes the administration of DAS181 to a bone marrow transplant patient who had progressive and worsening Parainfluenza Virus Type 3 (PIV3) infection under an Emergency Investigational New Drug Application (eIND) granted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Activity was determined against selected viruses including, herpes simplex virus type 1, herpes simplex virus type 2, parainfluenza virus type 3, vaccinia virus, vesicular stomatitis virus, and human rhinovirus type 2.
today announced that it has begun dosing at-risk children six months to 24 months of age in a Phase 1 trial of a vaccine designed to help prevent respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and parainfluenza virus type 3 (PIV-3) infections, two of the most important causes of lower respiratory tract illness and hospitalization in infants and young children.
Attenuation of bovine parainfluenza virus type 3 in nonhuman primates and its ability to confer immunity to human parainfluenza virus type 3 challenge.
We submitted data to the FDA to expand our label indication for FluMist(R) (Influenza Virus Vaccine Live, Intranasal); we entered into an agreement with Infinity Pharmaceuticals to develop cancer drugs focused on two of the most attractive targeted therapy opportunities in cancer research today; we completed a Phase 3 study with our next-generation monoclonal antibody to prevent respiratory syncytial virus (RSV); and we initiated clinical testing with several new compounds, including those targeting lupus, RSV, parainfluenza virus type 3, B-cell lymphomas, and avian influenza viruses.
In the case of vaccines manufactured in calves, the agents of concern include several bovine viruses (bovine viral diarrhea virus, bovine parainfluenza virus type 3, bovine respiratory syncytial virus, bovine adenoviruses, bovine parvovirus[es], bovine herpesvirus 1 [infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus], other bovine herpesviruses, bovine reovirus[es], rabies virus, bluetongue viruses, bovine polyoma virus, bovine circovirus, Cache Valley virus, and orthopoxviruses other than vaccinia [such as cowpox]).
The results of the preclinical study involving parainfluenza virus type 3 (PIV3), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and human metapneumovirus (hMPV) were published in the October issue of the Journal of Virology.