8-meter telescope of the Panoramic Survey Telescope And Rapid Response System (Pan-STARRS) at Haleakala, Maui, Hawaii.
What does Pan-STARRS stand for?
Pan-STARRS stands for Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Publication Approval Number
- Published Admission Number (UK schools)
- Uncovering Plagiarism, Authorship and Social Software Misuse (workshop)
- Pan American Airlines
- Pesticide Action Network Asia and the Pacific
- Panamanian American
- Plan d'Action National de l'Education Pour Tous (French)
- Plan d'Action National sur l'Hydrogène et les Piles à Combustibles
- Positional Alcohol Nystagmus Phase I
- Procedures for Air Navigation Services - Aircraft Operations (ICAO)
- Pacific and Asian North America
- Pacific Asian News Agency (Pakistan)
- Pan American Nikkei Association (est. 1981)
- Pan-African News Agency
- Peace and Neutrality Alliance (Ireland)
- Pennsylvania Advocates for Nutrition and Activity
- Poly Anthranilic Acid
- Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access
- Programa Argentino Para Niños, Adolescentes y Adultos con Condiciones del Espectro Autista (Spanish: Argentine Program for Children, Adolescents and Adults with Autism Spectrum Conditions)
- Partido Anarco Nacionalista Animalista Carlos (Spanish: Anarcho-Nationalist Party Animal Carlos)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pan-STARRS, short for Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System, scans the entire night sky for all kinds of transient phenomena, including supernovae.