8-meter telescope of the Panoramic Survey Telescope And Rapid Response System (Pan-STARRS) at Haleakala, Maui, Hawaii.
What does PanSTARRS stand for?
PanSTARRS stands for Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Performing Arts Network of South Africa
- Polish Air Navigation Services Agency
- Pan South African Language Board
- Petite Amateur Navy Satellite
- Politically Active and Not Seeking Employment
- Public Access Network Sound Engine (streaming audio program)
- Positive and Negative Suicide Ideation (measurement scale)
- Positive and Negative Symptoms Score
- Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (schizophrenia)
- Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale-Depression Subscale
- Police Association of New South Wales (Australia)
- Propagation Analysis System
- Propagation Analysis System for Channel Prediction
- Partnership for Animals Needing Transition (est. 2001; Salt Point, NY)
- Physical Activity, Nutrition and Tobacco (school health programs; various locations)
- Probe Antenna
- Proboscoid Ablative Nose Tips (NASA program)
- Precision Attack Navigation and Targeting with Extended Range Acquisition
- Panhandle, Texas (weapons plant)
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Task Force (County of Los Angeles Public Health Department; est. 2002)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pan-STARRS, short for Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System, scans the entire night sky for all kinds of transient phenomena, including supernovae.