The Panel on Audit Effectiveness issued its "Report and Recommendations" Aug.
What does PAE stand for?
PAE stands for Panel on Audit Effectiveness (accounting)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PAE
We have 128 other meanings of PAE in our Acronym Attic
- Platform Aft Door Unlatched
- Partnership Against Domestic Violence (Georgia)
- Project against Domestic Violence
- Presbyterians Against Domestic Violence Network
- Panel On Air Defense Weapons (NATO)
- Protected Active Dry Yeast (food science)
- People and Dogs Zones (Encinitas, CA)
- Everett, WA, USA - Paine Field/Snohomish County International Airport (Airport Code)
- Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc. (subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corporation)
- Page Address Extension
- Patent Assertion Entity
- Payload Attached Equipment
- Peer Access Enforcement
- Performance Assurance Engineer
- Performing Arts Exchange (various locations)
- Peripheral Arterial Exam
- Personal Accident and Personal Effects Insurance
- Physical Address Extension
- Physical Aptitude Exam (for admission to US military service academies)
- Pimpin' Aint Easy
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ASB's recommended revision grew out of its consideration of Practice Alert 2003-1, "Audit Confirmations," and recommendations relevant to the use of confirmations in "The Panel on Audit Effectiveness, Report and Recommendations, August 31, 2000.
The POB's Panel on Audit Effectiveness stated in its August 31, 2000, report that its "reviewers did not identify any instances in which providing nonaudit services had a negative effect on audit effectiveness.
The proposed SASs were developed in response to the report of the Public Oversight Board Panel on Audit Effectiveness, an extensive study of audit performance with related recommendations to constituents, including recommendations to the ASB to increase the rigor and specificity of auditing standards in various areas.
Working within the new audit committee framework--as laid out in the report of the Blue Ribbon Committee on Improving the Effectiveness of Corporate Audit Committees and the report of the Panel on Audit Effectiveness (the O'Malley panel)--the outside auditor can serve as a valuable resource in preventing and detecting accounting fraud.
POB RECOMMENDATIONS Now comes the Public Oversight Board's Panel on Audit Effectiveness.
In a letter to David Pearson, staff director of the Public Oversight Board's Panel on Audit Effectiveness, FEI's Committee on Corporate Reporting largely supports the recommendations contained in the panel's exposure draft but asserts that "the panel has not allowed sufficient time for interested parties to comment.