25) (26) Blocking pancreatic lipase causes some triglycerides to pass out of the body in the feces.
What does PNLIP stand for?
PNLIP stands for Pancreatic Lipase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Partido Nueva Liga Feminista (Spanish: New Party Women's League; Costa Rica)
- Perfect Non-Linear Function
- Planetary Nebula Luminosity Function (astronomy)
- Parque Nacional los Glaciares (Spanish: Glaciers National Park; Argentina)
- Piano Nazionale Linee Guida (Italian)
- Programma Nazionale Linee Guida (Italian: National Program Guidelines)
- Personalized Nursing Light House (substance abuse treatment center; Plymouth, MI)
- Predictive Next-Letter Highlighting
- Pacific Northwest Labor History Association
- Polish National Labour Inspectorate
- Penalized Negative Log-Likelihood
- Pittsburg National Little League (Pittsburg, CA)
- Pleasanton National Little League (California)
- Poway National Little League (Poway, CA)
- Palestine National Liberation Movement
- Proportionate Normalized Least Mean Square (algorithm)
- Parque Nacional Lago Puelo
- Partia Nowej Lewicy Polskiej (Polish: Polish New Left Party; political group)
- Poisson Non-Linear Regression
- Professional Negligence Law Reporter (Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ARTICLE INFO Keywords: Obesity Liquorice Chalcones Isoliquiritigenin Pancreatic lipase ABSTRACT Twelve flavonoids (1-12), isolated from Glycyrrhiza glabra roots were evaluated for their pancreatic lipase (PL) inhibitory activity in vitro.
Laboratory findings showed an amylase level of 477 mg/dl (normal <125 mg/dl), pancreatic lipase 292 U/L (0-60 U/L), pancreatic amylase 81 U/L (17-115 U/L).
Secretion of pancreatic lipase and colipase from rat pancreas.
Orlistat (Xenical) is a pancreatic lipase inhibitor.
Inhibits pancreatic lipases, blocking absorption of about one-third of fat consumed.
The investigational drug candidate, GT389-255, has a dual mechanism of action, serving as a pancreatic lipase inhibitor and a fat-binder.