Anil Rustgi, MD, Chief, Division of Gastroenterology from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, and colleagues studied the molecular changes of exocrine cells during inflammation, so-called acinar-ductal metaplasia (ADM), a prelude to pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
What does PDAC stand for?
PDAC stands for Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma (cancer)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PDAC
We have 29 other meanings of PDAC in our Acronym Attic
- Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association
- Pole Dancing Association of America
- Pre-Dispute Arbitration Agreement (contractual clause)
- Principal Deputy Assistant Administrator
- Professional Decal Application Association
- Property Damage Auto Accident (police reports)
- Physical Disability Appeals Board
- Preoperative Donation of Autologous Blood
- PACE (Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) Data Analysis Center
- Plan, Do, Act, Check
- Poly (Diallyldimethylammonium Chloride)
- Power Dynamics Awareness Committee (Pomona College)
- Premirus Data Access Components
- Pricing, Data Analysis and Coding Contractor (Noridian Administrative Services, LLC; various locations)
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada
- Parksville and District Association for Community Living (British Columbia, Canada; est. 1959)
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada Mining Matters
- Pacific Drugs and Alcohol Consumption Survey (New Zealand)
- Portable Data Acquisition and Collection System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- Researchers identified a new target to improve treatment of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma cancer, which accounts for more than 95 percent of pancreatic cancer cases.
Expression of novel markers of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma in pancreatic nonductal neoplasms: additional evidence of different genetic pathways.
From July 2000 to January 2007, a total of 1088 patients from 16 countries with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma with R0 or R1 (35%) resection margins were randomised within 8 weeks of surgery to receive treatment with either 5-FU/FA or gemcitabine for 6 months.
Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC)  is the fourth-leading cause of cancer mortality, with a 5-year survival rate of <5% (1).