Noriega even altered the role of the Guardia combining it with the Panamanian Army, Navy and Air Force to create the Panamanian Defense Force (PDF).
What does PDF stand for?
PDF stands for Panamanian Defense Force
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PDF
We have 1309 other meanings of PDF in our Acronym Attic
- Purified Duck Embryo Vaccine
- Passengers Daily Each Way
- Philippine Dealing and Exchange Corp. (stock market)
- Powerloom, Textiles, Fabrics, Made ups, Export Promotion Council from India
- I Profumi Di Firenze (Italian perfume)
- Package Definition File (Microsoft Systems Management Server)
- Paid Dues Festival (est. 2006)
- Pair Density Function
- Pair Distribution Function
- Pakistan Development Forum (international consortium)
- Panguna Development Foundation (Papua New Guinea)
- Paradox Data File
- Parallel Depth First (computing)
- Paranormal Dampening Field (remote viewing)
- Parent-Directed Feeding (child-rearing)
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation
- Particle Distribution Function (physics)
- Parton Distribution Function
- Path Delay Fault (electronics)
- Path Diversity with Forward Error Correction
Samples in periodicals archive:
Swift spent nearly two weeks in port participating in subject matter expert exchanges with the Panamanian Defense Force.
After Torrijos died in an airplane crash in 1981, General Manuel Noriega, a major figure in global cocaine trafficking, became the de facto ruler of Panama by taking control of the National Guard, which he renamed the Panamanian Defense Forces.
He was the first person (who obviously had not been debriefed) to say that the purpose of the invasion was to destroy the Panamanian defense forces (a purpose never publicly stated by the Bush administration).
forces dug mass graves to bury civilian casualties of the fighting around the Panamanian Defense Force headquarters building, concealing the bodies before they could be identified and counted.