Awards season officially kicked off on Saturday, slightly outside of Hollywood, at the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
What does PSIFF stand for?
PSIFF stands for Palm Springs International Film Festival (California)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Philosophical Studies in Education (journal)
- Population Services International-Europe
- Penn State Institutes of Energy and the Environment
- Public Sector Industrial and Employee Relations (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia)
- Physicians' Services Incorporated Foundation (Canada)
- Private Sector Infrastructure Facility (India)
- Private Sector Investment Finance (Japan Indonesia Business Connection)
- Public School Income Fund (Idaho)
- Public Sector Improvement Facility
- Public Sector Improvement Framework (UK)
- Pediatric Student Interest Group
- Pelotons de Surveillance et d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie
- Pipeline Simulation Interest Group
- Platform Special Interest Group
- Pomeranian Special Interest Group
- Pounds per Square Inch Gauge
- Program Specific Information Generator
- Programming Special Interest Group
- Provisional Institutions of Self-Government (Kosovo)
- Publishing Sector Industry Group (Universal Postal Union)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To date, the film has been shown at various festivals incluing Abu Dhabi Film Festival, Palm Springs International Film Festival, Muscat International Film Festival, Gulf Film Festival, Zlin Film Festival (Czech Republic), Shanghai International Film Festival, Rabat Film Festival (Morocco) and Munchen Film Festival (Germany).
The 66-year-old Hollywood star got a standing ovation when he appeared at the Palm Springs International Film Festival in California to receive the Icon award.
The road to Oscar brought a blast of expected contenders to this desert town some 100 miles east of Hollywood as the Palm Springs International Film Festival held its annual awards gala.
A month after picking up the Variety award at the Dubai International Film Festival, the King's Speech star was in Palm Springs to pick up his Desert Palm Achievement Actor Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival, and was churning some rather familiar speeches about the magic of air travel: "Two days ago, I got on a plane in a very icy gray London," said Firth, echoing his comments about Dubai's warm weather a month earlier.