Prof John Ellershaw, director of the Marie Curie palliative care institute in Liverpool and Deborah Murphy, associate director, said: "The sole purpose of the LCP is to provide the best possible care for people in the last days or hours of their life.
What does PCI stand for?
PCI stands for Palliative Care Institute (various locations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PCI
We have 582 other meanings of PCI in our Acronym Attic
- Pearl City High School Alumni Association (Pearl City, HI)
- Peachtree City Home School Group (Georgia)
- Packaging, Crating, Handling, and Transportation
- Potomac Country House Tour (Maryland)
- Population and Community Health Unit (Canada)
- Pacific Coast Intercollegiate
- Pacific Consultants International
- Painting and Coatings Industry
- Palestinian Citizens of Israel
- Palliative Care Initiative (healthcare)
- Palm Computing, Inc. (est. 1992)
- Panel Call Indicator
- Panhellenic Conference on Informatics
- Paramore Consulting, Inc.
- Paramount Construction, Inc. (Delavan, WI)
- Parent Coaching Institute (Bellevue, WA)
- Partito Comunista Italiano (Italian Communist Party)
- Party Concepts, Inc.
- Passenger Convenience Items (air travel)
- Passive Component Industry
Samples in periodicals archive:
The number of patients dying on the pathway emerged from a joint study by the Marie Curie Palliative Care Institute and the Royal College of Physicians.
It was devised by the Marie Curie Palliative Care Institute during the 1990s with noble intentions, and adopted nationwide just two years ago.
Meier established the Hertzberg Palliative Care Institute at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, where she is a professor of geriatrics and internal medicine.
McNulty of the Palliative Care Institute of Southeast Louisiana presented a case series of 20 of 244 patients with chronic, nonmalignant pain from a palliative care clinic and 11 of 1,508 terminally ill patients with severe chronic pain enrolled in hospice care during a 5-year period.
Liverpool: The Marie Curie Palliative Care Institute.
John Ellershaw, Professor of Palliative Medicine, Marie Curie Palliative Care Institute Liverpool, Woolton
3) Hospital-based palliative care is needed because death in the hospital is characterized by: * Physical suffering * Poor to non-existent communication about the goals of medical care * Lack of concordance of care with patient and family preferences * Huge financial, physical and emotional burdens on family caregivers * Suffering, burn-out and high turnover among health professionals * Fiscal impact on hospitals The Mount Sinai experience Mount Sinai's Hertzberg Palliative Care Institute began in 1997.