The Internet relies on a packet switching protocol that breaks each message into discrete parts and sends them over various unpredictable routes, to be reassembled at the message's destination.
What does PSP stand for?
PSP stands for Packet Switching Protocol (computing)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PSP
We have 656 other meanings of PSP in our Acronym Attic
- Purge Shut Off Valve
- Phantasy Star Online Version 2 (game)
- Performance Statement of Work
- Phantasy Star Online World (game site)
- Practical Scheme of Work
- Preliminary Statement of Work
- Protocol School of Washington (Columbia, SC)
- Phantasy Star Online for Xbox (game)
- Pacific Safety Products (Canada)
- Pacifistisch Socialistische Partij
- Page Southerland Page (Texas)
- Paint Shop Pro (Corel Corp)
- Paintball Sports Promotions
- Palm Springs, CA, USA - Palm Springs Municipal (Airport Code)
- Panitia Standar Profesi (Indonesian: Professional Standards Committee)
- Pap Smear Provider (Australia)
- Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning
- Parenting Skills Program (various locations)
- Park Slope Parents (Park Slope, NY)
- Park Slope Pediatric (Brooklyn, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Frame Relay: Frame relay is a packet switching protocol designed for cost-efficient data transmission for intermittent traffic between local area networks (LAN) and end-points in a wide area network (WAN).
Additionally, relying on an older frame relay packet switching protocol for WAN connectivity Paccess' China office observed significant latency problems when sharing large graphics files with headquarters.