The IBM PowerPRS 64Gu packet routing switch represents a significant advancement in both performance and compact, low-power design--an increasingly important factor, as space and power requirements become major issues for equipment manufacturers and network service providers.
What does PRS stand for?
PRS stands for Packet Routing Switch (IBM)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PRS
We have 401 other meanings of PRS in our Acronym Attic
- Prague Strain of Rous Sarcoma Virus
- peptide receptor radionuclide therapy
- Petroleum Resource Rent Tax (Australia)
- Police Rehabilitation and Retraining Trust (Holywood, County Down, Northern Ireland, UK)
- Primal Reflex Release Technique
- Project Rework Reduction Tool (Construction Owners Association of Alberta)
- Psychosocial Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program
- Paired - Related Homeobox Gene
- Pacific Rim Symposium
- Packet Ring Switch (Alcatel)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The IBM Packet Routing Switch, formerly code-named Prizma, and the IBM Network Processor, formerly Rainier, are the first two products in a range of next-generation network communication components which IBM is determined it will push into the merchant silicon channel ahead of rival products from MIPS and Intel.