The Adaptive Modulation and Coding (AMC) is a promising tool for increasing the spectral efficiency of time varying channel, while maintaining the target Bit Error Rate (BER) and the Packet Error Rate (PER).
What does PER stand for?
PER stands for Packet Error Rate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PER
We have 160 other meanings of PER in our Acronym Attic
- Postsecondary Education Quality Assessment Board (Canada)
- Pennsylvania Egg Quality Assurance Program
- Picture Editing Quarterly Clip Contest (National Press Photographers Association; West Palm Beach, FL)
- Postsecondary Education Quick Information System (US Department of Education)
- Production Equipment Agency
- Pacific Equatorial Ocean Dynamics
- Pacific Economic Review (Blackwell Publishing)
- Package-Enabled Reengineering
- Packed Encoding Rules (ISO 8825-2)
- Packet Encoding Rule
Samples in periodicals archive:
It automates measurements such as error vector magnitude, frequency, power, occupied bandwidth and packet error rate on signals generated by a WirelessHD device under test conditions.
Considering the worst case, when packet losses at any station are independent from packet loses at the station which was designated to acknowledge the transmissions, the packet error rate (PER) can be calculated as follows: [MATHEMATICAL EXPRESSION NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] (1) where [PER.
Users can determine the access point used, SSID and packet error rate, as well as RSSI signal levels to help locate hubs and access points of neighboring WLANs.
The device measures and determines access point, packet error rate and received signal strength indication, aiding in locating the hub and access points throughout a drive test.