The XBT data give us vital information about past changes in the ocean, but they are not as accurate as the more recent Argo data," said Gregory Johnson, an oceanographer at NOAA's Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory.
What does PMEL stand for?
PMEL stands for Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PMEL
We have 3 other meanings of PMEL in our Acronym Attic
- Pharmacologic Maintenance Erectile Flow (cavernosal assessment)
- Primary Mouse Embryonic Fibroblasts (biology)
- Plena Manlibro de Esperanta Gramatiko (Esperanto: Complete Handbook of Esperanto Grammar)
- Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme (India)
- Pocono Mountain East High School (Swiftwater, PA)
- Parker Montessori Educational Institute (est. 1987; Parker, CO)
- Peshawar Model Educational Institute (est. 1979; Pakistan)
- Pittsburgh Middle East Institute (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Project Management Enterprises, Inc. (Bethesda, MD)
- Project Management Excellence Initiative (est. 2002; Canada)
- Potentially Malignant Epithelial Lesion
- Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory
- Progressive Multiple Event Location (earthquakes)
- Personal Motion Event Monitor
- Particle Mesh Ewald Molecular Dynamics
- Pneumococcal Molecular Epidemiology Network
- Performance, Modeling, Evaluation and Optimization of Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Pennsylvania Migrant Education Program (est. 1969)
- Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (USAID)
- Pesticide Management Education Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ultimately the ocean is what's controlling what's going on here," said Chris Sabine, a supervisory oceanographer at NOAA's Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory in Seattle, Washington.
McPhaden, who is based at the NOAA's Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory in Seattle, said the data would provide a major boost to farmers who rely on monsoon rains.
Developed by Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory (PMEL) a division of USA's National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the DART system provides real-time tsunami detection as waves travel across open waters.
We really pushed the envelope of exploration in one of Earth's most extreme environments," said Embley, who is a geophysicist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory Vents Program examines the chemistry and geology of deep-sea hydrothermal vents.
To aid in detection, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory developed the Deep Ocean Assessment and Reporting of Tsunamis (DART) Project, which uses an anchored, seafloor bottom pressure recorder that is connected to a surface buoy.
Fox, a marine geophysicist at NOAA'S Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory in Newport, Ore.