Weathervane scallops from some areas of the eastern Gulf of Alaska have poor-quality adductor muscles characterized by off-white to grayish color, tissue that tears easily during shucking with notable stringy texture, and a spongy consistency (North Pacific Fishery Management Council 2008).
What does PFMC stand for?
PFMC stands for Pacific Fishery Management Council
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PFMC
We have 10 other meanings of PFMC in our Acronym Attic
- Potential Failure Mode Analysis (dam safety)
- Programmable Frequency for Multiple Access-Nodes
- Public Finance Management Act (New Zealand)
- Parma Family Martial Arts Center (Cleveland, OH)
- Plastic Film Manufacturers Association of Canada
- Posture and Fine Motor Assessment of Infants
- Public Financial Management and Accountability Project (Cambodia)
- Pacific Fishery Management Area Regulations (Canada)
- Poker-Faced Middle-Aged White Men
- Prudential Fund Management Berhad
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pension Funds Management Company
- Peritoneal Fluid Mononuclear Cell
- Pilgrims of Faith Marian Center
- Pleural Fluid Mononuclear Cell
- Parietal Foramina with Cleidocranial Dysplasia
- Public Financial Management and Control Law
- Parents Forum for Meaningful Education
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercise
- Prima Facie Medical Evidence (workers' compensation law)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Pacific Fishery Management Council doubled the quota allowed for sardines in the face of a declining stock, says Shester, adding: "This is a clear case of short-term gains for one economic sector at the costs to our fisheries and ecosystem.
The North Pacific Fishery Management Council has set a 2003 quota of nearly 1.
Spurred by pressure from diverse interests, California and the Pacific Fishery Management Council are taking halting but potentially significant steps in this direction.
In June, the Sanctuary Advisory Council forwarded its recommendation for the areas, which now must be approved by the California Fish and Game Commission and the Pacific Fishery Management Council, which have jurisdiction over the waters.
The North Pacific Fishery Management Council, charged with maintaining fisheries in federal waters off Alaska, is reluctant to address the issue of fisheries vs.