One of the places the data were sent was the Pacific Disaster Center in Hawaii, where news of the quake and the potential for a tsunami were relayed through the center's Twitter feed and a smartphone app.
What does PDC stand for?
PDC stands for Pacific Disaster Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PDC
We have 475 other meanings of PDC in our Acronym Attic
- Pedestrian Deployable Bonnet System (Jaguar)
- Polarization Dependent Beam Splitter
- Position-Dependent Band Structure
- Precedence Dialing Behind the Switch
- Polizei beim Deutschen Bundestag (Police of the German Parliament)
- Profile-Directed Binary Translator
- Christian Democratic Party
- Mueo, New Caledonia (Airport Code)
- Pacific Design Center
- Pacific Digital Cellular
- Pagan Dance Cult (band)
- Painting and Decorating Contractors (trade association)
- Palladium Chloride
- Palm Desert (Amtrak station code; Palm Desert, CA)
- Park Distance Control (automotive)
- Parlementair Documentatie Centrum (Dutch: Parliamentary Documentation Center; Leiden University)
- Paroxysmal Dystonic Choreoathetosis
- Parti Democrate-Chretien Suisse (Christian Democratic Party of Switzerland)
- Parti Démocratique Centriste (Centrist Democratic Party, Rwanda)
- Participatory Design Conference
Samples in periodicals archive:
today announced a collaborative agreement with the Hawaii-based Pacific Disaster Center (PDC) to fully develop and deploy Disaster Warning Systems for countries around the globe.
Department of Defense Office's of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, "We used Lynne Curry and TGC for team-building in the Pacific Disaster Center.