1) For decades, oxytocin and ergometrine have been the treatments of choice for PPH, but both drugs can be given only by injection and require refrigeration.
What does OE stand for?
OE stands for Oxytocin and Ergometrine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OE
We have 23 other meanings of OE in our Acronym Attic
- Outer Envelope
- Outlook Express (Microsoft)
- Output Enable
- Over Etch (semiconductor gate etching)
- Over Exaggeration
- Over-equipped (gaming)
- Overlay Explorer
- Overseas Experience (travel)
- Owner's Engineer
- Owner's Equity (accounting)
- Organization for Embarkation and Assignment to Shipping
- Ordnance and Explosives Center of Expertise (USACE)
- Opto-Electronic Image Rejection Mixer
- Optoelectronic Very Large Scale Integration
- Open Entry/Open Exit (education)
- Lubricating Oil, Internal Combustion Engine
- Output Efficiency at 20 minutes
- Outlook Express 6
- O'Neal Airport (Vincennes, Indiana, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Misoprostol is now gaining favor over dinoprostone for patients who fail both oxytocin and ergometrine.
If oxytocin is unavailable, ergometrine/methyl-ergometrine or the fixed drug combination of oxytocin and ergometrine should be used, except in women with hypertension or heart disease.