If you are a child psychiatrist and haven't heard of oxytocin for autism, you will.
What does OXT stand for?
OXT stands for Oxytocin
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OXT
- Oxnard / Ventura, CA, USA - Oxnard Airport (Airport Code)
- oxidatively damaged red blood cells
- Oxford Review of Economic Policy
- Orbiting X-Ray Observatory
- Objective X-Ray Crystal Spectrometer
- Open Xchange Server (Novell)
- OPRO X Server
- Oxygen Sensor
- Old Xaverians Soccer Club (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
- Outdoor Cross Training
- Occidental College (California)
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (stock symbol)
- OxyContin (slang for prescription drug; aka OC)
- Oxygen (Womens' cable channel)
- Code for Danish Aero Plane
- New Zealand Life Insurance Stamp (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Operating Year
- Optimum Yield
- Option Year
- Organizing Youth
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's a question on scientists' minds as they try to figure out what role the brain chemical oxytocin (okseh-TOE-sin) plays in sports.
Researchers of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, collected urine samples of 33 chimpanzees from Budongo Forest, Uganda, and measured their urinary oxytocin levels after single episodes of a specific cooperative behaviour, mutual grooming.
The medical implications were huge: Drugs based on synthetic oxytocin would speed delivery time for women in labor, and the synthesis of other similar molecules promised a new era in hormone treatment.
The WHO has recently added misoprostol to WHO's Model List of Essential medicines, for the prevention of post-partum haemorrhage (PPH) "in settings where oxytocin is not available or cannot be safely used".
Their mum's voice produced virtually the same amount of the stressquelling hormone oxytocin as physical comfort.