If you are a child psychiatrist and haven't heard of oxytocin for autism, you will.
What does OT stand for?
OT stands for Oxytocin
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OT
We have 40 other meanings of OT in our Acronym Attic
- Outlined (graphic design)
- Output Transformer (electronics)
- Over the Top
- Over There
- Over Travel
- Overseas Territory
- Ownership Transition
- The Overthere (Everquest)
- Observer to Target Distance
- Operational Testing in Phase 2
- Operational Test & Acceptance
- Operational Test & Evaluation
- Organize, Train and Equip (US Air Force)
- Operational Test & Evaluation / Integration
- Operational Test and Evaluation/Operational
- Operational Test & Evaluation / Shakedown
- Operational Test and Evaluation Capability Improvement Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's a question on scientists' minds as they try to figure out what role the brain chemical oxytocin (okseh-TOE-sin) plays in sports.
Researchers of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, collected urine samples of 33 chimpanzees from Budongo Forest, Uganda, and measured their urinary oxytocin levels after single episodes of a specific cooperative behaviour, mutual grooming.
The medical implications were huge: Drugs based on synthetic oxytocin would speed delivery time for women in labor, and the synthesis of other similar molecules promised a new era in hormone treatment.
The WHO has recently added misoprostol to WHO's Model List of Essential medicines, for the prevention of post-partum haemorrhage (PPH) "in settings where oxytocin is not available or cannot be safely used".
Their mum's voice produced virtually the same amount of the stressquelling hormone oxytocin as physical comfort.