Washington, July 2 (ANI): Zooplanktons - tiny marine animals - use the oxygen minimum zones as refuges from predators, migrating vertically down into the zone during the day and returning at night to feed in the oxygen and food-rich areas closer to the surface.
What does OMZ stand for?
OMZ stands for Oxygen Minimum Zone (ocean seawater zone)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OMZ
We have 1 other meaning of OMZ in our Acronym Attic
- On My Way
- Oak Mountain Youth Baseball Softball (Birmingham, AL; est. 1995)
- Our Money Your Dream (UK)
- Orlando Magic Youth Fund (est. 1988)
- Oakland-Macomb Youth Football Association (California)
- Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association
- Obedinennye Mashinostroitelnye Zavody (Russian Engineering Company, formerly United Heavy Machinery)
- Oh My Zelf
- Oh My Zeus (exclamation)
- Ossa-Morena Zone (geography; Portugal)
- Outside Mixing Zone Average (US EPA; water quality)
- Outside Mixing Zone Maximum (water quality criteria; US EPA)
- Air Nauru (IATA airline code)
- Liverpool to New York, Fast (routing designation; US Navy)
- Object Number
- Obligaciones Negociables (Spanish: Corporate Bonds)
- Observational Nursery
- Occultation Newsletter (International Occultation Timing Association)
- Off Now
- Old Navy
Samples in periodicals archive:
If, as in many climate model simulations, the overturning circulation of the ocean would greatly weaken in response to global warming, these oxygen minimum zones would expand much more still and invade the deep ocean," he added.