Luke had a condition called double outlet right ventricle where his aorta, which carries blood to his body, was drawing oxygen depleted blood from the lower right chamber of his heart, rather than the oxygen rich blood it should have been taking from the lower left chamber.
What does OD stand for?
OD stands for Oxygen Depleted
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OD
We have 31 other meanings of OD in our Acronym Attic
- over damage (gaming)
- Over Dose
- Over Drive
- Overcurrent Detection
- Overdosed (gaming clan)
- Overdraft (banking)
- Overseas Department
- Overshoot Detector
- Oxígeno Disuelto (Spanish: Dissolved Oxygen)
- Original Dungeons and Dragons (game)
- Office of the Director, Program Analysis & Evaluation
- Operand Decomposition with Table of Correction Values
- Operative Delivery Sue to Fetal Distress
- Ocean Drilling in the 21st
- Optical Digital Data Disk
- optical density readings at 492 nm
- Optical Density at 500 nm
- Optical Density at 600 nm
- Optical Density at 650 nm
Samples in periodicals archive:
Commercial applications of oxygen depleted atmospheres for the preservation of food commodities 14.