Other reports suggested that oxidative stress created reactive oxygen species (ROS) that induced the generation of oxidized low-density lipoprotein (ox-LDL), and then ox-LDL binding to lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 (LOX-1) resulted in the activation of NADPH oxidase and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p38MAPK)-mediated signaling pathway.
What does oxLDL stand for?
oxLDL stands for Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of oxLDL in our Acronym Attic
- Oxford Academy (Cypress, CA)
- Oxford Committee for Famine Relief
- Oxford Committee for Famine Relief Great Britain
- Oxford Committee for Famine Relief Quebec
- Oxen Ford
- Oxon Cove Park and Oxon Hill Farm (US National Park Service)
- Oxford Institute of Information Management (UK)
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (UK)
- Oxford Institute of Retail Management (UK)
- Oxford Internet Survey (UK)
- Official XBox Magazine
- Oxford Medical Information System (UK)
- Open EXtended Markup Language
- New Frontiers in the Mathematics of Solids (University of Oxford)
- Oxalate Metabolic Pool Size
- Oxnard, California, USA (Amtrak station code)
- Også (Norwegian: as well, too)
- OmniPCX Office
- Oxfordshire (British Postal Abbreviation)
- Oxoniensis (of Oxford)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Mediterranean diet has been associated with a lower level of oxidized low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol -- the "bad" cholesterol that's more likely to build up deposits in your arteries.
This group also experienced significantly greater reductions in plasma oxidized low-density lipoprotein (ox-LDL) and markers of oxidative stress.
Studies have shown that ARTINIA supports the body's natural antioxidant system to help defend against the damaging effects of free radicals and oxidized low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
Circulating oxidized low-density lipoprotein and common carotid artery intima-media thickness in a random sample of middle-aged men.
Circulating oxidized low-density lipoprotein is increased in hypertension.
United States Patent 7,422,864, entitled Method for Measuring Oxidized LDL-CRP Complex and Measurement Kit, describes the binding of oxidized low-density lipoprotein (oxLDL) with C-reactive protein (CRP) resulting in oxLDL/CRP (CRP-AtherOx) complex formation, and the immunoassay method for measuring these complexes in blood.