Other reports suggested that oxidative stress created reactive oxygen species (ROS) that induced the generation of oxidized low-density lipoprotein (ox-LDL), and then ox-LDL binding to lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 (LOX-1) resulted in the activation of NADPH oxidase and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p38MAPK)-mediated signaling pathway.
What does OLDL stand for?
OLDL stands for Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- On Line Data Exchange LLC (data management company)
- On-Line Data Entry System
- Old Established Forces
- Organización Latinoamericana de Desarrollo Pesquero (Latin American Fisheries Development Organization)
- OnLine Data for Epidemiologic Research
- Olympic Lottery Distribution Fund (UK)
- Online London Discount Hotels (website)
- Online Data Interchange
- On Line Directory
- Online Dictionary of Library and Information Science
- Open Live Donor Nephrectomy
- Oregon Lyme Disease Network (support group)
- Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da (Beatles' song)
- Oak Lodge Dental Practice (UK)
- Office of Legislative Drafting and Publishing (Australian government)
- On Line Data Processing
- One-Level Dynamic Partitioning (computer networking)
- Operations Leadership Development Program
- Orleans Levee District Police (New Orleans, LA)
- Our Lady of Divine Province (school)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Mediterranean diet has been associated with a lower level of oxidized low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol -- the "bad" cholesterol that's more likely to build up deposits in your arteries.
This group also experienced significantly greater reductions in plasma oxidized low-density lipoprotein (ox-LDL) and markers of oxidative stress.
Studies have shown that ARTINIA supports the body's natural antioxidant system to help defend against the damaging effects of free radicals and oxidized low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
Circulating oxidized low-density lipoprotein and common carotid artery intima-media thickness in a random sample of middle-aged men.
Circulating oxidized low-density lipoprotein is increased in hypertension.
United States Patent 7,422,864, entitled Method for Measuring Oxidized LDL-CRP Complex and Measurement Kit, describes the binding of oxidized low-density lipoprotein (oxLDL) with C-reactive protein (CRP) resulting in oxLDL/CRP (CRP-AtherOx) complex formation, and the immunoassay method for measuring these complexes in blood.