A new analysis of Mars soil samples using the Wet Chemistry Laboratory, a component of the Microscopy, Electrochemistry, and Conductivity Analyzer on the NASA Mars Phoenix Lander found that although low levels of oxidizing compounds may be present, the oxidation-reduction potential of the soil is moderate and well within the range expected for habitable soils.
What does ORP stand for?
ORP stands for Oxidation-Reduction Potential
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ORP
We have 103 other meanings of ORP in our Acronym Attic
- Oral Rehydration Point (health resource)
- Order Review Point
- Ordinary Renewal Process
- Organisational-Review Programme (Ireland)
- Organizational Performance Review
- Original Research Proposal (graduate studies)
- Original Retail Price
- Originating Responsibility Plan
- Origo Resource Partners (UK)
- Overall Responsible Party (public HIV surveillance official)
- Oxygen-Regulated Protein, 150-KD
- Off Road Promoters Association (UK)
- Office of Research and Policy Analysis (Montana)
- Office of Research and Project Administration (various universities)
- Ohio Rifle Pistol Association
- Oregon Recreation and Park Association
- Organización Revolucionario del Pueblo en Armas (Spanish: Revolutionary Organization of the People in Arms; Guatemala)
- Orthophoto Analyst
- Other Route with Public Access (UK)
- Ontario Rehabilitation Sciences Programs Application Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
He has expanded the number of groups covered in the 2000 first edition, but also added a bacteriological positioning systems in which the oxidation-reduction potential (in millivolts) serves as the longitudinal x axis and the viscosity of the water within the consormial biomass, measured in log centipoise, represents the latitudinal y axis.
Redox is short for Reduction Oxidation, and uses ORP or Oxidation-Reduction Potential technology, which measures a solution's oxidizing or reducing strength.
This meter combines pH and temperature measurement with a milli-volt readout for oxidation-reduction potential and specific ion electrodes.
6, a residual chlorine level of 10 mg per L to 60 mg per L, and an oxidation-reduction potential of about 1,150 mV.