The Latin "virtutis officium id esse traditur, ut, et actiones et ea quibus agendo utimur utilia reddat," should be translated not "it surrenders actions as well as the useful things which we employ when acting" but rather something like "it renders actions, and those things which we employ when acting, useful" (14, see Oxford Latin Dictionary, s.
What does OLD stand for?
OLD stands for Oxford Latin Dictionary
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OLD
We have 30 other meanings of OLD in our Acronym Attic
- Old Version (file name extension)
- On-Line Tests and Diagnostics (US DoD)
- One-Line Diagram
- Online Dating
- Operating Level Days
- Operational Logic Diagram
- Operations Limitation Document
- Optical Line Driver
- Orchid List Digest
- Output Linefeed Disposition
- Objects in Large Distributed Applications
- On-Line Data Archives (various universities)
- Ordinary Linear Discriminant Analysis
- Optimization Laboratory for Data Mining (Italy)
- Off Line Data Analysis Station
- On-Line Digital Analog Simulator
- On Line Data Collection
- Outdoor Leadership Development Committee (Appalachian Mountain Club)
- Onset Location Duration Characteristics Aggravating Factors Relieving Factors Treatment (Pain Assessment Tool)
- Office of Laboratory and Development Center Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
You won't find it in the Oxford Latin Dictionary which, by stopping at AD 200, signals another radical change in the language's resources, in which Christian writers play an increasing role.
Steven Mailloux traces interpretation to the Latin noun interpres meaning, according to The Oxford Latin Dictionary, "an intermediary, agent, [or] go-between" (121).