An update to the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography published today has a special focus on modern Wales and includes entries on John Batchelor, whose statue stands in The Hayes, and Godfrey Morgan, Viscount Tredegar, whose statue is in Cathays Park.
What does ODNB stand for?
ODNB stands for Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Outils Desinfection et Nettoyage Systeme (French: Disinfection Tools and Cleaning System)
- Output Distribution Network
- Old Dover Neighborhood Association (Boston, MA)
- oligonucleosomal deoxyribonucleic acid
- Ondeo Degremont North America
- Operations Division Network Alliance
- Organizational DNA
- Orthodox Druids of North America
- Ontario Dental Nurses and Assistants Association
- Ohio Division of Natural Areas and Preserves
- Organization Development Network of Chicago
- Occupational Disease Notice Causal Relation
- Old Dungeons and Dragons (gaming)
- Operationele Dienst Nautische Dienst (Dutch: Operational Service Nautical Service)
- Only Distortion Negative Feedback
- Optical Data Network Hierarchy
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence (US)
- Olympus Digital Network Korea
- Optically Detected Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources (aka Ohio Division of Natural Resources)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Debate over Godiva's final resting place is unlikely to go away, but the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography states that there is no reason to doubt reports that she was buried in Coventry.
Spencer Stanhope for the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
GEORGE Best has made it to the ultimate A-List of celebrities, the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
Meanwhile, the life stories of Oliver Kilbourn and two fellow members of the Ashington Group of Pitmen Painters have been added to the latest Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, out today.
The Oxford Dictionary of National Biography adds waspishly: 'Only a cynic would query the capacity of the kettle.
Solihull libraries are offering residents free online access to the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.