Amelie Gauthier, communications officer in Port-au-Prince for the UK-based Oxford Committee for Famine Relief (Oxfam), said in the aftermath of Sandy, "The cumulative effect of these disasters has meant loss of capital, revenue, and livelihoods for many people.
What does OXFAM stand for?
OXFAM stands for Oxford Committee for Famine Relief
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Ordinal Effective Date (insurance; also called X-Date)
- Open Experience Environment
- OSOL Xpressed Entertainment
- Oxen-Auf-Boxen.de (website)
- Oxidizing Equivalent (chemistry)
- Society of Omega Chi Epsilon (Purdue University)
- Oxford Economic Research Associates, Limited (United Kingdom)
- Oxford Academy (Cypress, CA)
- Oxford Committee for Famine Relief Great Britain
- Oxford Committee for Famine Relief Quebec
- Oxen Ford
- Oxon Cove Park and Oxon Hill Farm (US National Park Service)
- Oxford Institute of Information Management (UK)
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (UK)
- Oxford Institute of Retail Management (UK)
- Oxford Internet Survey (UK)
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein
- Official XBox Magazine
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Oxford Committee for Famine Relief, as we were then, raised PS10,700 for the Greek Red Cross.
They decided to call themselves the Oxford Committee for Famine Relief.