24 Who enjoyed smoking cigars, quoting the Oxford Book of English Verse and drinking in Pomeroy's Wine Bar in Fleet Street?
What does OBEV stand for?
OBEV stands for Oxford Book of English Verse
This definition appears somewhat frequently
- Ohio Baptist Education Society (Granville, OH)
- Organization of Black Episcopal Seminarians
- Orthonormal Basis of an Error Space
- Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics (journal)
- Organizing Bureau of European School Student Unions (Belgium)
- Overholt-BlueCross Emphysema Surgery Trial
- On Board Elapsed Time
- Online Bibliography of Environmental Thought (database)
- Outcomes Based Education and Training (South Africa)
- Optical Bench Enclosure Thermal Control (NASA)
- On Board Electronic Warfare Simulator
- Object Exchange (technology)
- Oberes Bedienfeld (German: upper control panel)
- Octave Band Filter
- Office of Budget and Finance
- Official Bellybutton Forum
- Official Best Friend (chat slang)
- Official Block Family (clothing brand)
- Officially Brucellosis Free (livestock)
- Ohio Bible Fellowship
Samples in periodicals archive:
My favourite book is The New Oxford Book of English Verse - I cannot tire of poetry.
As he says in his footnotes: 'It is a lesson of high instructiveness to examine the essential qualities which give first-rate poetical rank to lyrics such as Tomorrow or Sally in our Alley Palgrave was doing the equivalent of putting Eleanor Rigby into The Oxford Book of English Verse, and I've no idea why others have not followed his lead.
95 The Oxford Book of English Verse is exactly one hundred years old.
Suffice it to say that this poem is unlikely to make it into the Oxford Book of English Verse but then, he was only four years old when it was composed.