A colorimetric method for the determination of serum glutamate oxaloacetate and glutamate pyruvate transaminases.
What does OAA stand for?
OAA stands for Oxaloacetate
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OAA
We have 137 other meanings of OAA in our Acronym Attic
- Order of American Ambassadors
- Organic Acidemia Association (Plymouth, MN)
- Organization of Africans in the Americas
- Other Adjustments Account (US Federal Tax Form 1120s)
- Out and About
- Outstanding Achievement Award
- Over Actors Anonymous
- Over Air Addressing
- Over the Air Activation Signal
- Owner Agency Agreement (commercial real estate)
- Oxford Aviation Academy (various locations)
- Radar Test Equipment (US Navy)
- Observer's Assessment of Alertness/Sedation (also seen as OAAS)
- Oceania Amateur Athletic Association (Australia)
- Office of African American Affairs
- Olympic Area Agency on Aging (Port Hadlock, WA)
- Open Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (cardiovascular medicine)
- Osaka Association of All Athletics (Japan)
- Out and About Australia (student program)
- Outdoor Advertising Association of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
Serum was collected after centrifugation (900 g for 10 min), pooled by tank, stored freezer at -70[degrees]C as separate aliquots for analysis of total protein, glucose, glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase (GOT), glutamate pyruvate transaminase (GPT), and triglyceride, and analyzed by using automatic chemistry system (Vitros DT60 II, Vitros DTE II, DTSC II Chemistry System, Johnson and Johnson Clinical Diagnostics Inc.
[FIGURE 2 OMITTED] Serum glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase (SGOT) activity was found to be 13.
] Reitman S and S Frankel A colorimetric method for the determination of Serum glutamate pyruvate transaminase and serum glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase.
Very low density lipoprotein cholesterol was calculated as follows: VLDL-C = [TC - (HDL-C + LDL-C)] Plasma enzyme analysis The activity of the plasma transaminases, glutamate pyruvate transaminase (GPT), and glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase (GOT) were determined using the kinetic method .
Glutamate Oxaloacetate Transaminase (GOT): The liver homogenate sample was collected and centrifuged to get the serum.
For SGOT malate dehydrogenate is used to reduce oxaloacetate to malate where as in SGPT the pyruvate formed in the reaction is converted to lactate by lactate dehydrogenase was followed for the assessment of activity of glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase and glutamic pyruvate transaminase in the cells.
0 mg/dl) or hepatic disease (glutamine oxaloacetate transaminase or glutamine pyruvate transaminase >50 U/dl).