Then there is the conceptual design for the futuristic Overwhelmingly Large Telescope, with a single mirror of 100 metres in diameter.
What does OLT stand for?
OLT stands for Overwhelmingly Large Telescope
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OLT
We have 69 other meanings of OLT in our Acronym Attic
- Optical Layup Template
- Optical Leak Test
- Optical Line Termination
- Order Lead Time (logistics)
- Organização de Local de Trabalho (Portuguese: Organization of Work)
- Organización de Lucha por la Tierra (Spanish: Organization of Struggle for Land; Paraguay)
- Orlando Lutheran Towers (Orlando, FL)
- Orthotopic Liver Transplantation
- Osteochondral Lesion of the Tibia
- Ostfriesische Lufttransport GmbH (Emden, Germany airline)
- Owners, Landlords, and Tenants (insurance)
- Omniscient Labeled Transition Finite-State Vector Quantization
- Oak Lawn Tennis Association (Dallas, TX)
- Office of Landlord-Tenant Affairs (Maryland)
- Ohio Land Title Association
- Oklahoma Land Title Association (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Ontario Land Trust Alliance (Canada)
- Oxfordshire Lawn Tennis Association (UK)
- On-Line Tax Accounting System
- Off Line Tesla Coil
Samples in periodicals archive:
Just the names of many of the proposed observatories suggest an arms race: the Giant Magellan Telescope, the Thirty Meter Telescope and the European Extremely Large Telescope, which was downsized from the OverWhelmingly Large Telescope.
The European Southern Observatory, which the UK has recently joined, is studying a proposal for the project, aptly called the Overwhelmingly Large Telescope - OWL.