The faulted circuit is isolated by the selective operation of only that overcurrent protection device (OCPD) closest to the overcurrent condition.
What does OPD stand for?
OPD stands for Overcurrent Protection Device
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OPD
We have 145 other meanings of OPD in our Acronym Attic
- Other People's Drama
- Other Protestant Denominations
- Oto-Palatal-Digital Syndrome (general bone/skeletal disorder)
- Out Patient Department
- Out Patient Door (healthcare; India)
- Out-of-Plane Distortion
- Outpatient Department
- Output Performance Distribution
- Outraging Public Decency (criminal charge; various jurisdictions)
- Over Past Due
- Overfill Protection Device (propane tanks)
- Overfilling Prevention Device (propane tanks)
- Ovideo Police Department
- Owensboro Police Department (Owensboro, KY)
- Organization and Personnel Division/Defense Programs Branch
- Organization and Personnel Division/Reactor Programs Branch
- Otopalatodigital Syndrome, Type I
- Independent Progressive Democratic Alternative (Suriname)
- Odessa Public Development Authority (Odessa, WA)
- Olivier Poivre D'Arvor (French author)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The overcurrent protection device must therefore be carefully designed or selected to match the motor requirements.