We doing something called Nationwide on the Road, where we travelled round the country with a big outside broadcast unit, and we were trying to choose our next venue.
What does OBU stand for?
OBU stands for Outside Broadcast Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OBU
We have 14 other meanings of OBU in our Acronym Attic
- Oklahoma Baptist University
- Old Baptist Union (est. 1880)
- Old Boys Union
- Onboard Unit
- One Big Union
- Operational Base Unit
- OSIS Baseline Group
- OSIS Baseline Upgrade
- Ouachita Baptist University
- Out of Balance Unit
- Overseas Business Unit
- Operations In Build Up Areas
- Open Below the Upper Bollinger Band (stocks)
- Office of the Board for Undergraduate Studies (various locations)
- Orthopedic Brace Upright Support
- Oxford Brookes University Sub-Aqua Club
- Obligated Volunteer (Vietnam era term of service classification for certain Army officers)
- On Balance Volume (market momentum indicator that relates volume to price change; developed by Joseph Granville)
- On Board Video
Samples in periodicals archive:
Shearer initially worked as a technical assistant at BBC Hereford and Worcester before moving to the Mailbox on Outside Broadcast units, On social media sites, he has described himself in the past as a Broadcast Engineer for BBC TV and Radio, and a DJ performing 'at large venues across the Midlands'.
For example, OSN offers a compelling service of regional and international content; Sky News Arabia has created the most advanced news production centre in the world; and Live sent one of its HD outside broadcast units from Abu Dhabi to London to provide coverage of the 2012 Olympic Games.
And the project will get its first airing at this weekend's festival where volunteers will be covering events from a 1970s gold caravan that acts as an outside broadcast unit.
Cut to an outside broadcast unit somewhere on the river Severn, and some geezer in wellies is ready to explain why the locals are worried about the rising water levels.
Its volunteer presenters will be running an outside broadcast unit from noon providing music, fun and games.