Andrew also discussed the recent decision from the Second District Court of Appeal regarding the Outpatient Prospective Payment System ("OPPS") limitation, and offered tips and ideas for bodily injury practitioners when dealing with a client's PIP claim.
What does OPPS stand for?
OPPS stands for Outpatient Prospective Payment System (hospital/medical)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OPPS
We have 3 other meanings of OPPS in our Acronym Attic
- Optical Path Protection Ring
- Ontario Paramedic Profiling and Referral Agency
- Operational Propulsion Plant Recertification Exam
- Operation Predator (US DHS)
- Office of Policy, Planning, Research and Information-Research Department (CHED office, Philippines)
- Oklahoma Police Pension and Retirement System
- Odrodzona Polska Partia Socjalistyczna (Polish: Revived Polish Socialist Party)
- Oncology Practice Pattern Study
- Online Predator Profiling System
- Operation Primary Physical Science (est. 1995; National Science Foundation)
- Over Pressure Protection System
- Organic Peroxide Producers' Safety Division
- Over Pressure Protection by System Design (engineering)
- Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (US EPA)
- Office of Prevention, Pesticides and Toxics (US Environmental Protection Agency)
- One People's Public Trust
- Oriented to Person, Place, and Time (medical examination criteria)
- Office of Pollution Prevention and Technical Assistance (Indiana)
- Office of Precollegiate Programs for Talented and Gifted
- Office of Pollution Prevention and Technology Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under the DRA, Medicare fees for certain imaging services provided in the physician's office may not exceed what Medicare pays under the hospital outpatient prospective payment system.
The complaint seeks an injunction prohibiting CMS from implementing certain provisions of the recently announced new rule that contains changes in the hospital outpatient prospective payment system.
The system uses technology consistent with CMS-published specifications for its Outpatient Prospective Payment System, and it imports claims data (including charges), calculates costs based on a hospital's departmental cost-to-charge ratios, and determines the reimbursement based on current CMS regulations.
The seminar featured a panel of leading Personal Injury Protection attorneys who addressed the future of Personal Injury Protection insurance, the Medicare fee schedule and the application of the Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) to radiology and MRI charges, the properly completed CMS 1500 Health Insurance Claims Form, recent legal precedent, and the legislative process that led to the most recent statute being passed.