But, after A&E and outpatient departments saw a spike in demand, the funding proved insufficient.
What does OPD stand for?
OPD stands for Outpatient Department
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OPD
We have 145 other meanings of OPD in our Acronym Attic
- Ornamental Plaster Design (UK)
- Ortho-Phenylenediamine (chemistry)
- Orting Police Department (Orting, Washington)
- Osaka Performance Doll (Japanese band)
- Other People's Drama
- Other Protestant Denominations
- Oto-Palatal-Digital Syndrome (general bone/skeletal disorder)
- Out Patient Department
- Out Patient Door (healthcare; India)
- Out-of-Plane Distortion
- Output Performance Distribution
- Outraging Public Decency (criminal charge; various jurisdictions)
- Over Past Due
- Overcurrent Protection Device
- Overfill Protection Device (propane tanks)
- Overfilling Prevention Device (propane tanks)
- Ovideo Police Department
- Owensboro Police Department (Owensboro, KY)
- Organization and Personnel Division/Defense Programs Branch
- Organization and Personnel Division/Reactor Programs Branch
Samples in periodicals archive:
A new fixed time appointment system, designed to reduce waiting times, will be introduced in the Outpatient Department (OPD) at Hamad Hospital starting from March 4.
Summary: AL AIN - In an endeavour to highlight the dangers of smoking, Al Ain Hospital has launched its 'Smoking is Poison' campaign through a series of activities conducted at schools, malls and the hospital's family medicine centres and outpatient departments.
The outpatient department at St James's Hospital in Dublin was evacuated when a patient claimed he had left a bomb in one of the rooms at 11.
Three Stagecoach drivers have pulled on the red hat and white beard in aid of the children's outpatient department at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary.
Our aim is to describe outpatient Department of Veterans Affairs healthcare use and cost for veterans who were at least 4 years postinjury.
Patients will benefit as the new outpatient department will be next to all our X-ray and scanning services so there won't be a long walk for them across the site.