Chlamydophila (formerly Chlamydia) psittaci genotypes A, B, C, and a new genotype most similar to the 6BC type strain were found in 10 humans with psittacosis by outer membrane protein A gene sequencing.
What does OMPA stand for?
OMPA stands for Outer Membrane Protein A
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OMPA
We have 8 other meanings of OMPA in our Acronym Attic
- Owen Media Partners (Canada)
- Office of Military Personnel/Adjutant General
- Major Outer Membrane Protein Gene
- Outer Membrane Protein-2
- Outer Membrane Protein 3
- Occupational Medicine Performance Assessment
- Octamethyl Pyrophosphoramide
- Ohio Maple Producers Association (Wooster, OH)
- Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority (Edmond, OK)
- Oregon Media Production Association (est. 1982)
- Ohio Medical Political Action Committee
- Oklahoma Medical Political Action Committee
- Optimal Mix of Passive and Active Control (algorithm)
- Over Molded Pad Array Carrier
- Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission
- Outer Membrane Protein B (gene)
- Oak Mountain Presbyterian Church (Birmingham, AL)
- Office of Municipal Pollution Control (EPA)
- Open-Source MATLAB (Matrix Laboratory)-to-Python Compiler
- Osteopathic Medicine and Primary Care (journal)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chlamydia was identified by sequence analysis of the 16S rDNA and major outer membrane protein A (ompA) genes.