[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] As much as we like to think we came out of the closet of our own accord, most of us endured some form of outing in our lives.
What does OTC stand for?
OTC stands for Out of The Closet
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of OTC
We have 259 other meanings of OTC in our Acronym Attic
- Ornithine Carbamoyltransferase
- Ornithine Transcarbamylase
- Osaka Titanium Technologies (Japan)
- Oshkosh Truck Corporation
- Other than Caucasian (classification)
- Other Than Collision (insurance term meaning comprehensive coverage)
- Other than Conscious Mind (psychology)
- Ottawa Tool Company
- Ottawa Torah Center
- Ouaticha Technical College (Malvern, Arkansas)
- Out There Clothing
- Out to Court
- Output Technology Corporation
- Output Transformer Coupled (amps)
- Outside the Classroom (est. 2000; Boston, MA)
- Outsourcing Technology and Commercial (legal department)
- Over the Cable
- Over The Counter (medications not requiring a prescription)
- Over The Counter (stocks)
- Overseas Telecommunications Commission
Samples in periodicals archive:
Outing is back," declared an article in the San Francisco Chronicle--that controversial practice from the 1980's whereby famous gay people would be dragged out of the closet kicking and screaming by some pissed-off gay journalist or ACT-UP member.
But putting on a pink triangle or carrying a rainbow flag in public once a year--in a city you don't live in--with hundreds or thousands of others and then returning to one's seemingly straight life for the rest of the year is hardly "coming out of the closet.
I'm gay, and Mark is as gay-friendly as they come, but we're not ever going to push somebody out of the closet.
To rebuild integrity you may want to plan a journey as far out of the closet as possible in the near future.
The debate over Wilson's nomination drew one politician out of the closet.