Indeed, chronic otitis media with effusion can affect some adults who have a long-term history of eustachian tube dysfunction.
What does OME stand for?
OME stands for Otitis Media with Effusion
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OME
We have 61 other meanings of OME in our Acronym Attic
- Optimal Manning Experiment (US Navy)
- Options Made Easy
- Optronics & Missile Electronics (UK)
- Oral Mechanism Examination (speech pathology)
- Oral Motor Exercises (used in speech pathology)
- Orbital Maneuvering Engine
- Order of Magnitude Estimate
- Original Manufacturer Equipment
- Osaka Mercantile Exchange
- Osteopathic Medical Education
- Outer Mailing Envelope (marketing)
- Overall Machine Efficiency (paper production)
- Ohio Mid-Eastern Regional Education Service Agency
- Ohio Mid-Eastern Regional Education Service Agency (school districts services)
- Office of Minority Educational Affairs (Cornell University; Ithaca, NY)
- Ohio Municipal Electric Association (Columbus, OH)
- Ohio Music Educators Association
- Oklahoma Music Educators Association
- Ontario Music Educators' Association (Canada)
- Open Modular Embedded Architecture
Samples in periodicals archive:
Craniofacial morphology and otitis media with effusion in children.
Chronic otitis media with effusion is a persistent inflammation of the middle ear, in which effusion fluid is retained in the middle ear cavity.
Doctors in South Korea looked at 155 children aged two to seven who received treatment for otitis media with effusion (OME).
Otitis media with effusion (OME), in which fluid and mucus stay trapped in the ear after infection, may lead to conductive hearing loss that, if persistent, may lead to delays in the development of speech, language, and cognitive abilities (Klein 2000; Teele et al.
According to Lloyd, the causes of Otitis Media with Effusion (glue ear) are many and complex.
Sometimes otitis media with effusion can become chronic and, even when the infection clears, fluid can remain in the middle ear for months.