If the SCSA is not within a Medicare assessment window, the Medicare reason for assessment should be coded as AA8a = 3 and AA8b = 8, Other Medicare Required assessment.
What does OMRA stand for?
OMRA stands for Other Medicare Required Assessment (US DHHS)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OMRA
We have 7 other meanings of OMRA in our Acronym Attic
- Original Master Recording
- Otago Mounted Rifles (New Zealand)
- Outcomes Management & Research
- Outgoing Mail Record
- Overhaul, Maintenance, and Repair
- Overriding Method Removal
- Offshore Model Racing Association (UK model boat racing club)
- Optimal Matrix Rational Approximation
- Oregon Motorcycle Riders Association
- Oriental Medicine Research Advancement
- Outer Mission Residents Association (San Francisco, CA)
- Online Music Recognition and Searching
- Object Modeling Resource Base
- Offender Management Review Board (Canada)
- One Man Rock Band
- Outstanding National Resource Waters
- Okinawa Marine Research Center (Japan)
- Online Marketing Resource Centre
- Orchard Mesa Research Center (Colorado State University)
- Osh Media Resource Center (est. 1996; Kyrgyzstan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This error is common on more complicated claims involving Other Medicare Required Assessments (OMRAs) and Significant Change in Status Assessments (SCSAs) that replace on-cycle assessments.
Since swing beds remain exempt from clinical assessments, a new reason for an Other Medicare Required Assessment (OMRA) assessment will be added to the MDS for swing beds only.