1-6) Of the 10 patients who received orthotopic heart transplants, 4 lived for more than 18 months; 2 of them became long-term survivors, one living for over 13 years and the other for over 24 years.
What does OHT stand for?
OHT stands for Orthotopic Heart Transplant
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OHT
We have 36 other meanings of OHT in our Acronym Attic
- On Harvard Time (On-line comedy news show)
- One Hand Tool (Leatherman pocket knive)
- One Hand Trekker (Victorinox)
- One Handed Typing
- One Horse Town
- One Hour Translation (New York, NY; est. 2007)
- Open Health Tools (open-source consortium; Asheville, NC)
- Oral Health Therapist
- Orchestre d'Harmonie de Troyes
- Oregon Healthy Teens
- Over Head Transmission
- Over Head Transport
- Overhead Hoist Transport (manufacturing)
- Overhead Projector Transparency
- Ozark Highlands Trail
- Österreichische Hotel- und Tourismusbank GmbH (Austria)
- Över Huvud Taget (Swedish: at all)
- Office of Health Technology Assessment
- Office of Historical Trust Accounting (US DOI)
- Ohio Hospital Telecommunications Association (Cleveland, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Currently, in studies of orthotopic heart transplants, where the donor organ is placed in the normal life-sustaining position in the chest, the longest a nonhuman primate has survived supported by a pig heart has been 39 days, a result the authors nonetheless see as encouraging.