Yet from an accounting perspective, many servicers add the value of the newly originated mortgage servicing rights (MSR) to their capitalized servicing and continue to amortize the capitalized servicing on the old loan.
What does OMSR stand for?
OMSR stands for Originated Mortgage Servicing Rights
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OMSR
We have 1 other meaning of OMSR in our Acronym Attic
- Olympic Mathematics Science Partnership (Washington)
- Olympic Mountain School of Photography (Gig Harbor, WA)
- One More Slot Package
- Open Market Selling Price
- Open Media Streaming Project
- Ontario Maple Syrup Producers Association (Canada)
- Organizational Maintenance Squadron
- Offender Management System Renewal (Canada)
- Omission Mean Sub-sequence-Reduced (voting algorithm)
- Optimal Money Supply Rule
- Optimal Mix of Short Range Air Defense Systems
- Oakland Maritime Support Services (California)
- Office of Minority Student Services (various universities)
- Open Market Sale Scheme (India)
- Operational Meteorological Satellite System
- Organizational Maintenance Sub-Shop
- Organized Medical Staff Section (medical association)
- Orthodontic Measurement and Simulation System
- Ontario Municipal Social Services Association (Canada)
- Open Mass Spectrometry Search Algorithm (National Center for Biotechnology Information)
Samples in periodicals archive:
65, Accounting for Certain Mortgage Servicing Activities, to eliminate the distinction between purchased and originated mortgage servicing rights and to require mortgage servicers to recognize all rights to service loans for others as assets.
FAS 122 is the accounting policy statement from the Financial Accounting Standards Board that requires originated mortgage servicing rights to be recognized on the balance sheet.