One of the many strong parts of Toure's book is his chapter on the Organization of Afro-American Unity (OAAU).
What does OAAU stand for?
OAAU stands for Organization of Afro-American Unity
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Outdoor Advertising Association of South Africa
- Ohio Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers (Mentor, OH)
- Ontario Air Ambulance Services Corporation (Canada; est. 1977)
- Organization of Asian American Sisters in Service (Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
- Office of African American Student Services and Programs (Georgia State University)
- Office of Advanced Automotive Technologies
- One At A Time
- Open Architecture Assessment Tool
- Ontario Association of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Ohio Arabian and All-Breed Trail Riding Society
- Offensive Anti-Air Warfare
- Outdoor Advertising Association of Wisconsin (Madison, WI)
- Outstanding Academic Advisor of the Year
- Ocean Affairs Board
- Offline Address Book
- Ofis Ar Brezhoneg (Breton: Breton Language Office; France)
- Oita Asahi Broadcasting (Japan)
- Old Administration Building (various locations)
- Old Age Benefits
- Oman Arab Bank
Samples in periodicals archive:
The appendix contains the text of the Basic Unity Program of the Organization of Afro-American Unity (founded by Malcolm in 1964), which was not drafted by Malcolm but was read and approved by him shortly before his death.
Along the way, she met Malcolm X and began attending his Organization of Afro-American Unity Liberation School.
and the Organization of Afro-American Unity in 1964.
The goals of the SNCC activists, and those of the Black Power Movement that emerged in their wake, were in agreement with those articulated by Malcolm X in his June 1964 speech "Statement of Basic Aims and Objectives of the Organization of Afro-American Unity.
After founding the Organization of Afro-American Unity, he embarked on a long tour and in a rally in Harlem in 1965 was assassinated.