In an interview with MAP, the minister recalled that "Morocco was a founding-member of the Organization of African Unity (now known as the African union) and remains proud of its African identity", adding that "membership to any entity or grouping will not be at the expense of its territorial integrity and sovereignty over all of its lands.
What does OAUN stand for?
OAUN stands for Organization of African Unity (Ethiopia)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Organization for African Unity (common, but incorrect)
- Organization of African Unity
- Oxford Archaeological Unit (UK)
- Online Auction Users Association
- Oak Avenue United Church (defunct; Surrey, British Columbia, Canada)
- Ohlone Area United Democratic Campaign (San Leandro, CA)
- Oracle Applications Users Group
- One Atmosphere Uniform Glow Discharge
- One Atmosphere Uniform Glow Discharge Plasma
- Office of the Auditor General for the Federation (Nigeria)
- Office of Alumni and University Relations
- Opto-Acoustic Underwater Remote Sensing (water depth measurement system; Australian Commonwealth Scientific and Research Organization)
- On An Unrelated Subject
- Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (Nigeria)
- Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (Nigeria)
- Observatori Astronòmic de La Universitat de Valencia (Spanish: Astronomical Observatory of the University of Valencia)
- Obserwatorium Astronomiczne Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego (Polish: Warsaw University Astronomical Observatory; Warsaw, Poland)
- Oshkosh Area United Way (Oshkosh, WI)
- Aviation Division (US Coast Guard)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The motives that had led to Morocco's decision to withdraw from the Organization of African Unity (OAU), after the admission of a "puppet republic" remain valid, said, Tuesday, Foreign Minister, Saad El Dine Otmani.
They cover regional security in a global perspective, the transformation of the Organization of African Unity to the African Union, the Union's Peace and Security Council, The Panel of the Wise, the Continental Early Warning System, the African Standby Force, and an evolving security regime.
In 1997, he was appointed by the Organization of African Unity to a panel of eminent personalities to investigate the genocide in Rwanda.
The G-8 leaders are also expected to express their support in the new action plan for the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD) adopted by the Organization of African Unity, which defines a framework for sustainable development on the African continent.
We are working with the parties to the Lusaka Cease-Fire Agreement, the United Nations, the Organization of African Unity, our European allies and key regional leaders to help implement this agreement.
Leaders abandoned the ineffective Organization of African Unity to create what they hoped would be their version of the European Union, called the African Union.
The Inter-African Committee to Fight Excision, a body set up by the Organization of African Unity, said the practice of female genital mutilation on the continent has dropped off dramatically in the past 18 years, according to the UN Newswire.