The opening ceremony was attended by members of the committee, heads of Arab states' missions in the United Nations and representatives of relevant international organizations, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
What does OPCW stand for?
OPCW stands for Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (United Nations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OPCW
We have 5 other meanings of OPCW in our Acronym Attic
- Office of Public Counsel for Victims
- Overseas Projects Corporation of Victoria Ltd. (exporting; Australia)
- Office for the Protection of Children & Vulnerable Adults (San Jose, CA)
- Ontario Police College Virtual Academy (Ontario, Canada)
- Overland Park Convention and Visitors Bureau (Kansas)
- Origin, Purpose, Content, Values, Limitations (mnemonic)
- Organisme de Placement Collectif en Valeurs Mobilières
- Organisme de Placements Collectifs en Valeurs Mobilières (Finance)
- Optical Patient Card Workstation (US VA)
- Organization for the Prevention of Chemical Warfare
- Ontario Progressive Conservative Youth Association
- Audit Programs Division (DCAA)
- Oakland Police Department
- Obnoxious Personality Disorder
- obsessive personality disorder
- Obsessive Potter Disorder (humor)
- Ocala Police Department
- Ocean Power Delivery (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Ocean Profile Database
- Ocoee Police Department
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pakistan has also announced establishment of a Regional Assistance and Protection Centre in Islamabad in cooperation with the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).
Akhoundzadeh made the remarks in a meeting with the chairman of the 3rd Conference of Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) Ahmet Uzumcu in Berlin on Monday.
Libya abandoned its nuclear weapon program and joined the Chemical Weapon Convention, agreeing to destroy its sizeable chemical arsenal, by placing it under the monitoring system of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.
Green Cross points out that South Korea had taken a major step forward several years ago when it unilaterally destroyed its chemical weapons stockpile under the watchful eyes of inspectors from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).
Other participants also include international organizations like the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), World Health Organization (WHO), the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), the Interpol, and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
Salehi had been planning to attend a meeting in the Netherlands of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).
In a speech yesterday at the 16th conference for the Parties of the Organization for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons in The Hague yesterday, Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al-Shaghrood, Saudi Ambassador to The Netherland and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's Permanent Representative to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, underscored the importance of implementing the ban on chemical weapons, emanating from the Kingdom's firm policy aiming at dismantling all kinds of mass-destruction weapons under strict and firm control of the world community.