In 2004, the Organisation of African First Ladies against HIV/AIDS (OAFLA), which Jeanette Kagame co-chairs, launched the "Treat Every Child as Your Own" campaign.
What does OAFLA stand for?
OAFLA stands for Organisation of African First Ladies Against HIV/AIDS
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Outside Air Floor Duct
- Online Action Figure Evaluators (website)
- Ontario Agri Food Education, Inc (Canada)
- Oklahoma Association of Fairs and Festivals
- Orbiter Aft Fuselage Gas Sampler System (NASA)
- Office of Air Force History (Australia)
- Organization for the Advancement of Facial Hair
- Once and Future King (T.H. White novel)
- Older Adult Fitness Leadership (Fitness New Brunswick; Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada)
- Ontario Australian Football League
- Ontario Association for Family Mediation (Canada)
- Office of the Armed Forces Medical Examiner (Joint Service)
- Occupazione Avanzata Frontiera Nord (Italian: Employment Advanced Northern Frontier; Italy; also known as Linea Cardona; military defense line)
- Oculoauriculofrontonasal Syndrome
- Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
- Oklahoma Academy of Family Physicians
- On Accepting First Principles (book)
- Office of Alternative Fuel Recovery (Arizona Department of Revenue; alternative fuel tax credit)
- Ontario Association of Family Resource Programs (Canada)
- Old Ammunition Farts Society (Australian society for retired military explosive ordnance and military explosive ordnance disposal specialists)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pohamba received the donation in her capacity as patron of the Organisation for the Empowerment of Widows/Widowers and Orphans of HIV/Aids in Namibia (OE WONA) and president of the Organisation of African First Ladies against HIV/Aids.
23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Representatives from the Organisation of African First Ladies Against HIV/AIDS, UNAIDS, the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) and Alere (NYSE: ALR), the world leader in rapid HIV screening and diagnostics products, today called for intensified efforts to increase awareness of HIV status in young people, reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS on the continent and, in particular, eliminate mother-to-child transmission of HIV.