The new battery, organic radical battery (ORB) (*1), uses a type of plastic called organic radical polymer (*2) as its cathode.
What does ORB stand for?
ORB stands for Organic Radical Battery
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ORB
We have 76 other meanings of ORB in our Acronym Attic
- Oil Record Book
- Oil Rub Bronze
- Old Orchard Beach (Amtrak station code; Old Orchard Beach, ME)
- Online Reference Book
- Operation Request Block
- Operational Review Board
- Optimization Research Bridge
- Orange Belt Stages (Visalia, CA)
- Order Ready Board (various companies)
- Orebro, Sweden - Orebro (Airport Code)
- Organizational Retaliatory Behavior
- Origins of Behavior (Cornell College; Iowa)
- Ornate Rune Blade (Everquest game weapon)
- Ostdeutscher Rundfunk Brandenburg (German Radio and TV Station)
- Outside Reading Book
- Oak Ridge Bridge Association (Oak Ridge, TN)
- Oak Ridge Business Association (Oak Ridge, TN)
- Object Request Broker Architecture
- Ocoee Region Builders Association (Cleveland, TN)
- Off-Road Business Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tokyo, Japan, Aug 5, 2005 - (JCN Newswire) - NEC Corporation today announced that it is developing a high-power organic radical battery ("ORB") used to protect IT equipment such as desktop PCs from losing data during power supply interruption.